Company:Paula’s Hair Works Inc.
Business Address and work location: 3405 Bathurst St., North York, ON M6A 2C1
Job Title: Hair Sewing Machine Operator
NOC Code: 9446
Number of Openings:1
Terms of employment:Permanent, Full-time, 30-40 hours per week
Language: English (speaking)
Wage: 24.10-28.00 CAD per hour depending on experience
Work Location: North York, Ontario
Paula's Wig Boutique manufacturing company that creates beautiful wigs and provides wig-related services. Creating well-fitting, detailed, and expertly made hairpieces that boost self-confidence. Since 1997, the goal of Paula’s Wig Boutique has always been customer satisfaction, consistently striving to create superior-quality items. Our mission is to restore women's self-confidence. We offer top-of-the-line products and services for women of discerning taste, especially those looking to purchase wigs made of the finest European hair, whether Caucasian or Slavic. Prior to medical hair loss, we can also make wigs out of our clients' own hair. We understand how getting a wig is sometimes a matter of confidentiality. That is why our team is very attentive to the needs of the client in terms of privacy. Also, those running the business wear wigs as well so they have a full understanding of its proper use. Quality, excellence, and service.
Hair Sewing Machine Operator is an important part of the team and is responsible for operating and small maintenance of an industrial-type specialized sewing/ironing machines that will fabricate cuticle/remy hair wigs, assemble cuts, building foundations using measurements, building lace fronts on new and existing wig hairlines, making micro wefts using a sewing machine, applying machine wefts to a foundation all ventilating techniques using a ventilating hook and a draw through.
More specifically duties may include:
• Operate industrial sewing machine, specialized equipment, on wig hair style compatibility assessments with client's features or determine style from client's instructions and preferences;
• Maintain operations of manufacturing machines that cut, iron, stitch and finish synthetic, natural or hybrid materials;
• Complete production reports and discuss production line schedules with other workers;
• Meet timelines on sewing, cutting, trimming materials;
• Follow companies procedures on “ventilating needle”, “knotting needle” to knot/sew strands of hair to a foundation materials properly;
• Use special machines stitching techniques and machine capabilities as well as hand tie lace wig techniques;
• Set up and adjust machines, ensure maintenance and quality throughout manufacturing process, perform minor repairs;
• Prepare production reports;
• Communicate about materials and supplies requisition;
• Demonstrate attention to detail, be able to sit for repetitive tasks and have good hand-eye co-ordination ability;
• May share techniques other apprentices and helpers and resolve work problems.
Qualifications/Skills Requirements/work Experience:
• 2 years or more of experience in industrial type hair-sewing equipment.
How to Apply:
Please forward your cover letter and resume by email [email protected]
with the heading “Hair Sewing Machine Operator” in the subject line in order to be considered for the position. Please apply by email only.
We appreciate all expressed interest in this position, however, only the candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Indigenous persons, youth, newcomers, and persons with disabilities are welcome to apply.
2 years or more of experience in industrial type hair-sewing equipment.