Verbio develops cutting-edge technology around the widest range of Human – machine communications through natural language. By joining our teams, you will acquire the amplest knowledge on our Artificial Intelligence technology and products, which include Voice Biometrics, Speech Recognition, Text-to-Speech Conversion, Cognitive NLU, Conversational sensors and Virtual Assistants and Chatbots.
Our products are based on the latest Neural Networks, Machine Learning Techniques of both Academic and Industrial worlds, and by working on their implementation on real use cases, you will be closely participating in their configuration and training, as well as on complex integrations with client’s systems creating innovating solutions across various industries.
The Technology Stack we use varies from Python, VUE, C++, and cutting-edge ML Frameworks such as Tensorflow, Caffe, Theano or PyTorch. We work with Docker, VMware and Node.JS to Oracle and MySQL and NVIDIA and Intel accelerators hardware.
We have offices in Barcelona, Madrid, São Paulo, Mexico DF, and Palo Alto and you will be part of a multinational team of PhD’s & Engineers in NLP, Artificial intelligence and software development.
If you enjoy challenges and learning every day in a very innovative environment, this is your company!
Currently we are hiring a System Administrator with some development skills (or willing to learn them, mostly scripting or API's integration/coding).
You will work at our Barcelona office /Av. Roma, 157 1º), near to the city center.
You will be part of a new presales department, aimed to provide technical support to the sales activity. This person will be on charge of setting up and maintain several environments for showcasing the Verbio's technology. You will interact with the sales team and the customers to give them technical support and adapt our technology to their needs, and you will also interact with other Verbio technical teams within multidisciplinary projects to enhance the integration of the technologies into broader solutions.
Specifically, you will…
• Install, configure and manage virtualized environments, software and networks
• Upgrade systems with new releases and models
• Monitor performance, log research and maintain systems according to requirements
• Troubleshoot issues reported by customers and provide direct customer support through email, telephone or "live" communication. Interact with other Verbio teams for identify root cause when needed
• Work independently and collaborate with peers as needed
• Partner with internal and external partners to communicate project status, activities, and achievements
• Own projects, solutions, and key responsibilities within a larger business initiative
• Build an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in technology or computer science
• 1+ years of experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role
• Experience with setting up and configuring operating systems and Shell/Bash programming
• Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and services management
• Strong knowledge about various operating systems and platforms (GNU/Linux, Windows)
• Experience in cloud computing (Amazon, Microsoft Azure), Virtualization and Dockerization
• Functional understanding of diverse set of networked applications and terms requiring application traffic management solutions, including HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, FTP, DNS, NAT, and others
• Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
• Preparation of solution design schematics
• Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources
• Excellent communication and customer facing skills, either directly client facing or in customer focused technology organizations.
• Excellent organizational skills, analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to explain complex systems in simple terms
• At least intermediate Spanish but excellent English verbal and written skills
Nice to have (Plus)
• Functional understanding of network protocols for speech processing over IP networks, including SIP, MRCP and websockets
• Familiar with VoIP PBX systems such Asterisk
• Hands on experience with web applications and back-end programming languages such as Python, PHP and C/C++
• Functional knowledge or hands on design experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc ..).
• Understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
• Experience building user interfaces and prototypes from wireframes and designs
Why should you work with us?
• You will become part of a young, dynamic and international team (8+ nationalities), with a great deal of PhD’s and expert engineers.
• Flexible Timetable
• Our headquarters is located in the heart of Barcelona, which works great for our frequent fun and team-building outings
• If you need to, you may work remotely either part or full-time
• We love and encourage challenges, so you will have infinite possibilities of learning and growth. If you’re up to it, sky is the limit!
Automation Tools Cloud Applications Perl/shell scripting Python RESTful WebServices Troubleshooting