We are looking for a talented Cloud Developer to help us support our DevOps capability. We need someone who is able to work alongside multiple development teams and who is self-motivated and able to actively contribute new ideas and shape the technologies that we use.
In your role as SysOps Cloud Developer, you will be working in an agile way with project development teams and solution architects to support the existing environment and provide guidance and support in the adoption of DevOps practices within the EUGG IT division through tools, processes and ways of thinking
• Provide guidance to DevOps teams in Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, Automated Provisioning, Automated Testing (Unit tests, Lint checks, Code quality tests, Integration tests)
• Manage the underlying services to support Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, Automated Provisioning, Automated Testing etc.
• Develop and drive coding standards, frameworks, automation standards and cloud standards for the team and the wider organisation
• Workflow automation
• Enhance existing automation capability and develop new automation capability to support the team and the organisation
• Develop self-healing, automated failover, automated application recovery, automated incident response etc.
Essential skills and experience
• Configuration Management – Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt etc.
• CI / CD Tools – Jenkins, Bamboo, Hudson, Go etc.
• Version Control – Git, Subversion, MS Team Foundation Server etc.
• Solid understanding of Cloud concepts – elasticity, scalability, designing for failure, designing for scale, shared nothing architectures, the imperative to automate every aspect of the development lifecycle.
• Base level of exposure to OO programming
• Sound understanding of what it takes to have a production ready solution and operate in a DevOps model.
• Willingness to learn and develop new tech skills as required
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team or independently to deliver objectives
• Experience of working in agile teams using methodologies such as SCRUM and SAFe
• The candidate must be able to demonstrate evidence of the following:
o experience implementing and managing CI/CD pipelines and be able to discuss real life scenarios and their contribution to the overall process in detail
o at least 3 years working in a Cloud environment and must be able to discuss Cloud concepts in depth.
o At least 3 years development experience
o at least 2 years of working in an agile project
Desirable Technical Skills:
• Experience with containers and container management technologies – ECS, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm etc
• Good understanding of AWS Security (VPC, IAM Roles and policies, Bucket policies, Security Groups Network ACLs, etc)
• Hands-on experience with AWS deployment (Chef / Puppet, CloudFormation, Scripting with AWS CLI)
• Cloud design for scalability, elasticity and high availability
• Good understanding of Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive, HBase, Pig etc.
Desirable qualifications and experience:
• At least 5 years commercial experience in IT.
• AWS certified DevOps Engineer
• AWS Certified Solutions SysOps
Cloud Development Continuous Integration Jenkins