Company name: Water Stem Inc.
Business address: 75 Shield Ct., Markham, Ontario, Canada.
Title of the position: Supervisor – Plastic Thermoforming/Injection Molding, NOC9214
Terms of employment: Full time, permanent, 40 hours/week.
Language of work: English
Wage: $20.00 CAD per hour - $22.00 CAD per hour.
Benefits: Dental, vision, drug, medical benefits, vacation – 2 weeks per year.
Location(s) of work: 75 Shield Ct., Markham, Ontario, Canada.
Contact information: 905-604-7836; firstname.lastname@example.org
Water Stem Inc. is the leading contract manufacturer of plastic forming solutions in the plastic industry. With a heavy emphasis on the advancement of formulaic solutions and innovative technologies, Water Stem Inc. has established progressive applications with a strong commitment to quality, conducting internal formula development, product testing and technical trials for the continuous advancement of new patents.
Water Stem Inc. is looking for a Supervisor – Plastic Thermoforming/Injection Molding to join our growing team. The ideal candidate in this role will bring skills in plastic thermoforming and injection molding with the ability to train new hires, set-up, troubleshoot, adjust, and control the equipment using DanFoss servo index drives. The candidate also must have knowledge and experience working with hydraulic equipment such as pumps, valves, and cylinders, as well as knowledge in operation of plastic granulating equipment.
• Supervise staff during manufacturing process and lead other employees in plastic forming.
• Train existing employees and new hires.
• Maintain quality and productivity production records.
• Report production status, and other appropriate metrics.
• Investigate quality issues, process delays, material shortages, tool or equipment problems and take corrective action.
• Set molds into molding machine press and attach all necessary hardware for processing.
• Set processing specific points in machine controller including all calibration set up procedures for the thermoforming and ejection molding equipment.
• Set up all auxiliary equipment for operation on daily basis. Equipment includes radio frequency (“RF”) sealing machines, compressors, chillers and granulators.
• Assist with preventative maintenance procedures on all equipment as instructed by the maintenance department personnel or managers.
• Analyze equipment requirements and recommend replacement or new equipment as required.
• 3-5 years of work experience as machine operator in manufacturing industry
• Min 6 months practical training in supervising process in plastic molding and thermoforming industry
• Post-secondary diploma in electrical, electromechanical or plastic technology
• Knowledge of hydraulic and inline thermoforming equipment retrofit
• Knowledge of DanFoss servo index drives
• Knowledge of operation and service of plastic granulating equipment
• Valid forklift and first aid certificate.
Work Environment / Other Requirements
• Ability to safely move around the plant floor.
• Ability to safely climb onto and under machines.
• Ability to bend, squat and crawl to work on equipment.
• Ability to properly and safely lift tools.
• Work in shifts required.
Vacation 2 weeks per year
Maintainance Staff Supervision
Accepting only candidates from: