WaterStem Inc., located at 75 Shields Court, Markham ON L3R 9T4, is looking for a Supervisor – Plastic Thermoforming to join our growing team at our work location in Markham, Ontario. This is a full-time and permanent position.
· Supervise staff during manufacturing process and lead other employees in plastic forming.
· Train existing employees and new hires.
· Maintain quality and productivity production records.
· Report production status, and other appropriate metrics.
· Investigate quality issues, process delays, material shortages, tool or equipment problems and take corrective action.
· Set molds into molding machine press and attach all necessary hardware for processing.
· Set processing specific points in machine controller including all calibration set up procedures for the thermoforming and ejection molding equipment.
· Set up all auxiliary equipment for operation on daily basis. Equipment includes radio frequency (“RF”) sealing machines, compressors, chillers and granulators.
· Assist with preventative maintenance procedures on all equipment as instructed by the maintenance department personnel or managers.
· Analyze equipment requirements and recommend replacement or new equipment as required.
Apply to: email@example.com
· 3-5 years of work experience as machine operator in manufacturing industry
· Min 6 months practical training in supervising process in plastic molding and thermoforming industry
· Post-secondary diploma in electrical, electromechanical or plastic technology
· Knowledge of hydraulic and inline thermoforming equipment retrofit
· Knowledge of DanFoss servo index drives
· Knowledge of operation and service of plastic granulating equipment
· Valid forklift and first aid certificate.
Work Environment / Other Requirements
· Ability to safely move around the plant floor.
· Ability to safely climb onto and under machines.
· Ability to bend, squat and crawl to work on equipment.
· Ability to properly and safely lift tools.
· Work in shifts required.
knowledge of Danfoss Servo drive: 1 year (Preferred)
supervisor: 1 year (Preferred)
hydraulic and inline thermoforming retrofit: 1 year (Preferred)
operation and service of plastic granulating equipment: 1 year (Preferred)
machine operator in the manufacturing industry: 4 years (Preferred)
first aid and forklift (Preferred)
Dental care, vision care, extended health benefits (including drug benefits), and 10 days of vacation
Commitment to Quality Machine Operation Staff Supervision
Accepting only candidates from: