Reports to the Senior Vice President of IT and directs a team of 10 technical professionals with 3 direct reports. Responsible for instore technology across our client’s restaurants. Serve as liaison to the corporate technology teams.
• Serve as the subject matter expert as it relates to all facets of point of sale, peripheral, back office solutions, above store reporting and system interface for all company owned units while demonstrating experience in improving restaurant operations introducing new and creative application of technology.
• Develop and lead a team of highly skilled business, technology and staff members tasked with supporting strategic initiatives as well as promoting new process and procedures that enhance the return on investment made in our in-store technologies. Individual development plans for direct reports and key staff are required as a living document.
• Manage department G&A budget to include all staff, service and business partner expenses within established guidelines and budgets.
• Maintain current knowledge base related to all regulated and internal compliance requirements. In addition, provide IT management forward looking plans for maintaining compliance across all spectrums of in-store technology after coordinating with department peers.
• Define job duties, maintain current position descriptions, hire staff (both full-time and contractor positions), conduct performance appraisals and salary reviews, and performance management. Regularly review the skill sets of the staff and assist in creating individual development plans.
• Provide input into IT strategic plan. Contribute to the development of the annual IT budget. Provide high-level staffing plans. Manage relevant component of the IT budget. Forecast annual capital and expense for projects. Prepare cost-benefit analysis.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in the areas of information technology/systems, engineering or business.
• 10+ years’ experience with restaurant systems including point-of-sale, kitchen display, and back-office systems.
• Experience managing restaurant systems across a broad network of locations and partnering with various managed service partners.
• Strong knowledge of information security and key processes/procedures to help manage risk associated with data loss and cyber threats.
• A high degree of business maturity and experience leading a team of technical professionals
• High energy and enthusiasm, integrity, superior communication skills (both verbal and written), resilience, service orientation, and a collaborative influence style.
Director Information Technology
Accepting only candidates from: