Job Purpose and Main Responsibilities
• Installation, Administration and Maintenance of SQL Server Instances.
• Setup Test, Dev, Staging and Production Environments.
• Create Users and assign permissions based on the level of database access the user would need.
• Create Linked Servers to SQL Servers and other databases such as Oracle, Access, Informix etc.
• Design database Backup and Restoration Strategy.
• Once created the database Backups, monitor those backups are being performed regularly.
• From time to time recover the databases to a specific point of time, as per the requests.
• Setup High-Availability as part Disaster Recovery Strategy for the Databases. (Failover Clustering, Database Mirroring, Log Shipping and Replication)
• Troubleshoot various problems that arise in a day-to-day work and fix the issues. (Monitoring SQL Server Error Logs and checking your email alert (if there is one configured))
• Monitoring and Performance Tuning; Physical Server Level, Database level (Database settings and options) and query tuning. (Creating and maintaining those Indexes, not performing database shrinking, memory settings, monitoring CPU usage and Disk I/O activity etc)
• Documenting major changes to the SQL Servers.
• Apply Service Packs & patches.
• Database security administration.
• Writing SQL queries, procedure, packages, trigger and understanding of PL/SQL code.
• Tunning SQL queries
• Designing DB objects ie. Tables/indexes/views etc and constraints designing & deployment.
Good to have:
• Knowledge on Workflow and Plant Floor Applications
• Automotive domain Knowledge
Please note - We can consider applications who does have valid work permit or British/EU nationality only. No Sponsorship Provided.Any one who are Authorized to work in the EU can apply, No Sponsorship Provided.
Oracle PL/SQL SQL SQL Server
Accepting only candidates from: