To extend our offering we are currently establishing a software development division in Brașov. As a Software Development Engineer you will have the opportunity to work on top-of-the-range next generation products, in an international environment, taking into account customer requirements, coming up with flexible designs, yet keeping your implementation robust and stable. Meet the challenge of delivering in time, to budget and specification. Work together with colleagues in a team locally as well as across borders. Last, but not least, rest assured that the fruits of your labour will power hundreds of thousands of appliances worldwide.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Development of software components, from low-level drivers up to GUI, to be integrated into our custom embedded platform for various types of appliances;
- Model efficient data structures and algorithms;
- Test and documentation of deliverables;
- Ensure that deliverables meet quality goals and time constraints;
- Maintain a close working relationship with software engineers and architects at Miele Electronic in Germany.
- Bachelor or Master (preferable) degree in Computer Science, Electronic/Electrical Engineering or a related field;
- Strong proficiency in C/C++, as well as in scripting languages like Perl and Python;
- 3 to 7 years professional experience of development related tools & practices (configuration management, debugging and refactoring of legacy code, software lifecycle, V-model, agile methods, review techniques, continuous integration and delivery, etc.);
- Knowledge of design patterns and methodologies, sustainable API-design;
- Familiarity with safety concerned software designs and rules (e.g. MISRA, Software Safety Classes);
- Knowledge of microcontroller technology and electronic components;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Very good planning abilities;
- Excellent spoken and written English;
- Knowledge of German language is an advantage;
- Positive attitude to be working in team in an international environment, with a self-starter attitude and eagerness to tackle unknowns;
- An interest in keeping up with current and upcoming developments and technologies in the field of software engineering;
- Willingness to go on business travel to the German HQ and relating plants.
- Competitive salary package, according to performance and professional experience;
- Modern facilities located in the Braşov proximity;
- Great career opportunity in an innovative and dynamic working environment.
Debugging English Perl
Accepting only candidates from: