Agiloft is a profitable and fast growing cloud software company that develops and markets agile business automation software. We are stable, debt-free and have a strong and deeply referenceable customer base. Our suite of products includes Contract Management, Customer Support, ITIL, RMA, and Asset Management.
You will join the team responsible for designing and implementing software customizations to meet the needs of customers ranging in size from start-ups to Chevron and the US Air Force. Each client needs something different, so this position requires both an understanding of our software's range and the ability to work with an extreme variety of customers and project sizes, focusing on large enterprise build-outs.
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, a matching 401(k) plan, and health/dental insurance.
Our offices are in a gorgeous location right on the bay, and unlike young start-ups, we do not expect staff to work crazy long hours - we believe that in the long term, it is optimum for everyone if employees maintain a healthy work/life balance.
You will take charge of large implementation projects for enterprise customers as the project manager and primary driver of communication between the implementers and the customer. Our implementers are great at gathering requirements, building out the system, and demonstrating and training customers, but they appreciate having someone with more specialized skills to manage their projects, keep everyone informed and on track (including the customer) and ensure that milestones and deadlines are met on both sides.
We need your skills as an excellent communicator who can set appropriate expectations, keep everyone apprised of progress and action items, manage customer quotes and project plans, and assist in balancing workloads and ensuring that we meet our commitments. You also excel at dealing with the complexities associated with large enterprise customers, You can find the correct decision makers and ensure they make the decisions needed to keep the project on track. You are proactive in looking for risks that might cause delays and finding ways to mitigate that risk or find alternate paths.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be empathetic yet firm with challenging customers, and to be persistent in reminding both customers and implementers of outstanding action items
- 4 year college degree and at least six years of full time work experience as a project manager working on software deployments for enterprise level customers
- Demonstrated success managing projects and relationships at a distance
- Superior organizational skills
- Good judgment and the capacity to independently evaluate situations and identify the optimum course of action
- Initiative in seeking ways to contribute to the success of the company that go beyond a narrow definition of job responsibilities
- Identifies problems early, proactively solicits solutions and escalates before problems become major
- Ability to closely track and monitor finances to deliver project on or under budget; develop forecasted/monthly budgets for enterprise projects
- Facilitates and provides effective communication between all project stakeholders. Deals comfortably with senior management and can present and converse with people in positions of authority.
- Able to read and understand vendor contracts, perform due diligence and proof of concept exercises, manage vendor relationships after consulting with management
- Certification as a Project Manager is a plus, but not required
Accepting only candidates from:
Canada, United States