Reporting to the Manager of Advanced Services, Americas, Strategic Verticals, this is a highly technical role, providing post-sales on-site support of Junipers Network Products. The Advanced Services Resident Engineer will be required to develop and maintain an expertise on the products deployed within the Customers network.
This is a 40 hour per week position, on-site, at the customer location and may require additional work hours and on-call support for critical issues which will be compensated for with Comp time.
• Assist customer with architectural guidance on switching infrastructure in campus and datacenters.
• Provide guidance based on real world experience for executing migration of networks from legacy designs to new.
• Provide tactical guidance to operation team members who are well-versed on Junos.
• To hold network information gathering workshops with the Customer to understand the Customer’s existing network design and technical requirements of new network designs.
• To understand the Customer’s organizational structure and become familiar with the Customer’s network implementation and support processes and procedures to help in supporting a network that is available and sustainable.
• To carry out testing of new Designs, features, and functionality as required by the Customer in a laboratory environment and to help develop plans to implement and verify that they are operating correctly in the live network
• Periodically test patches and fixes to operating software and to ensure that they are implemented and functioning correctly in the pre-production test network and then live network as implementation plans dictate.
• In high stakes situations assist in troubleshooting equipment and network problems with customer and JTAC.
• Assist customer and JTAC in identifying bugs that are hard to triangulate
• To produce and/or review change control MOPS with customer
• To hold technology workshops with the Customer to discuss equipment and network problems, and to provide case status updates, including the reasons for any problems encountered and the workarounds and/or solutions that are being tried
• To train the Customer’s design, implementation and support personnel to operate the Juniper Networks products with less risk. This training will mostly consist of real world operational knowledge transfer to personal that already have solid working knowledge of Junos.
• To assist the Customer to develop Network Operating and Equipment Operating Procedures
• Support production environment of Juniper products within the Customer infrastructure
• Support ongoing efforts in defining best practice policies for Juniper product applications used by Customer
• The Resident Engineer is expected to peer with other employees performing similar resident engineering roles where lessons learned may help minimize risk associated with major network upgrades or changes in the network.
The RE will be expected to develop secondary skills in other products in the Juniper product portfolio.
Candidates for this role MUST have a minimum 10 years of experience providing implementation and technical support of networking products in LAN, WAN, or Internet services environments.
Candidates for this role MUST be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
• Strong Interpersonal skills, Ability to work well with many levels of customer engineering and management, ability to work well with the juniper account team and Technical assistance center.
• Detailed technical experience in the installation and operation of IP Routers Switches and Firewalls. This includes hands-on operation of management tools and network analyzers.
• Detailed understanding of the protocols surrounding IP networks. These skills should generally include: a. TCP/IP fundamentals, b. IP subnetting and supernetting and hierarchical routing principles, c. Routing protocol operation (OSPF and BGP), d. Routing policies at BGP peering points, e. VPNs and the associated tunneling technologies (L2TP, MPLS, etc.) Switching, spanning tree and other switching technology as required, Firewalls and associated technologies as required
• The ability to function in a team environment and recognize and take on tasks with self-direction as well as the ability to take direction from the customer, account team, and Advanced Services Management.
• The ability to communicate well within the Juniper team articulating customer problems before they become issues being proactive where possible.
• Hands-on configuration and operational knowledge of Juniper Networks router and firewall and switching products, passion to continue learning and expanding your knowledge.
• Platform and product(s) as the primary focus for the RE:
o EX2200, EX4200, EX4200, EX4300, EX4600, EX8200, EX9200, QFX5100, QFX10002, MX104, MX240
• Platform and product(s) as the secondary focus for RE:
o SRX240, SRX550, SRX650, SRX300, SRX240, SRX1500, SRX4200, SRX5400
Describe the network environment and name the products that will be supported:
• Campuses mainly consist of Juniper EX switches and some SRX.
Some buildings have legacy EX2200/4200/8200 however migrations are ongoing and moving to EX4300/4600/9200.
1. Customer is moving towards automation and Fusion for campus management
2. Working towards implementing Juniper SDSN and dot1x
• Wireless interop is with Aruba
1. Data Centers consist of EX8200/4200/4300 however they are getting migrated to QFX10002/QFX5100/QFX5110
1. Customer is exploring moving to an overlay with EVPN/VXLAN
2. Working towards infrastructure as code CICD in new DC
2. Retail and Service locations utilize EX4300’s and SRX340’s
3. Factories utilize EX4300 and EX9200 and have unique challenges due to the size and high level of production line automation
• Junos Space
• Network Director
• Infrastructure as Code Automation (NITA, Jenkins, Robot, Ansible, PyEZ)
• JTAC experience a strong plus
• Due to the amount of ex-Juniper employees working at the customer sites, having a current or formal employee of Juniper is a strong plus
The ideal candidate for this role will be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
• 10+ years experience in managing large technical account activity revolving around network products from multiple vendors.
• JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIP, JNCIE, CCNP, CCIE are a strong plus
• The ideal candidate will have prior experience with scripting or programming languages including Python, SLAX, and NETCONF, and experience with automation frameworks such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or others.
• Expert level troubleshooting methodology to isolate and identify configuration, design, and software anomalies; ability to clearly articulate findings in written and verbal communications with development level engineering staff.
• Understanding of direct PFE debugging vis VTY
• Strong layer 2 debugging skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and work calmly under pressure.
• Due to the customer’s staff having a high degree of skill on Junos the RE candidate needs to bring a strong background of Juniper operational experience that the customer can leverage to reduce unplanned outages or extended maintenance windows.
• Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with the Customer
• Usage of the latest technologies and tools
• Good working conditions
• Friendly atmosphere
• High salary
Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) Juniper Juniper Networks Products Juniper Switches MPLS Networking Open Shortest Path First (OSPF)
Accepting only candidates from:
Azerbaijan, Canada, Kazakhstan, Mexico, Russian Federation, Ukraine, United States