As IT Field Support Technician you will be performing analytical, technical and administrative work in the planning, installing and supporting of new and existing desktop and laptop systems, corporate software, wireless devices and peripherals.
You will be communicating with end users to determine needs, scheduling work, resolving user issues and providing basic training.
- Identifies and initiates resolutions to customer problems and concerns associated with hardware and software (networked and local); performs necessary investigation, analysis and evaluation to resolve problems.
- Provides end user support and hardware repair and replacement services
- Maintains, tests, configures and upgrades end user equipment according to set standards
- Support Asset Management process by tracking, reporting, and monitoring asset status as required; including tracking of equipment replacements and validating current state of assets via organizational asset intelligence tools
- Implements efficiencies through automation (leverage PowerShell, Power CLI, and batch jobs to automate manual and repetitive processes)
- Investigates new technology and provides recommendations on system improvements and life cycle planning.
- Documents standard processes and solutions for incidents.
- Onboarding processes
- User administration
- Ability to analyze problems, identify workable solutions, and select appropriate course of action
- Ability to work independently to define new practices and procedures and drive adoption of new products.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Good time management
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Strong technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems including Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Windows Server 2016, Exchange 2016, and Active Directory.
- Familiar with heterogeneous platform management between Windows and Linux (SSH, Samba, Kerberos, LDAP).
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience and proven analytical/problem solving skills a must.
- Extensive application support experience with Microsoft Office suite of products, Anti-virus and anti-spam applications, VPN Clients, Skype, among others.
- Familiar in system automation practices (Group Policy, Local GPO, and Registry)
- Familiar with basic TCP/IP (addressing, subnetting, routing, firewall rules, DHCP, DNS)
- Familiar with Linux systems
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
What we offer :
- Working with Innovative
- Technology Professional Development
- Flexible Vacation time
- Daily Challenges
- Working with an Experienced, International Team
- New Offices with the most up-to-date Technology and Equipment
- Flexible Remuneration Plan ( choose how you want to be paid and increase the net salary)
- Paid overtime or vacation in exchange
- Schedule – 08:00 -17:00
Computer Networking Linux TCP/IP protocols