Blu Capital Partners is an investment banking boutique committed to providing trusted, specialized and discreet corporate advice across a broad range of financial transactions. We provide advice for mergers, acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, divestitures, and strategic advisory, with transaction size generally ranging from EUR 10 to 100 million (sometimes above or below).
We are differentiated from other advisory firms as we offer our international perspective and engage in close relationships with our lower mid-market clients. The founders of Blu Capital Partners have international experience in one of the world's most renowned financial institutions, private equity and hedge funds (The Carlyle Group, Rothschild Merchant Banking, Intermediate Capital Group). Blu Capital Partners works on transactions in Europe, including in Western and Eastern Europe.
Blu Capital Partners seeks an entrepreneurial and highly motivated Intern (Junior Analyst) to join our team for 3 - 6 months (duration flexible). The Intern will play a vital role in supporting all aspects of the firm’s core business. As an Intern, you will support the team in sourcing and executing corporate advisory mandates (M&A, Capital Raising, and Strategic Advisory) throughout the entire process, and up to successful closing.
This position is ideal for a junior professional with an initial finance experience (internship) who wants to take his/her career to the next level and become a top-notch investment professional. As part of the deal team, you will be involved in preparing the necessary memoranda and analysis and in discussions with the client(s), where appropriate. Responsibilities of the Intern include:
- Identify and analyze transaction opportunities in Mergers & Acquisitions, Capital Raising and Strategic Advisory and assist in developing a plan for advising companies on these matters
- Research, analyze and develop market intelligence materials to support Blu Capital Partners’ pipeline of new projects
- Participate in the proposal stage by preparing pitches for clients in order to win new mandates and grow the client base
- Perform project-specific and general industry research
- Prepare target lists of potential investors/buyers
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the clients, their business and strategic goals
- Assist with drafting relevant materials (press reviews, Q&A) in preparation for meetings with corporate clients
- Prepare effective teasers, information memoranda and investor presentations to reach clients’ goals
- Perform due diligence on behalf of investors relative to the target’s business, its drivers and its key risks
- Create and maintain databases and data-rooms
- Analyze and present historical financial statements. Create financial models (3-statements, M&A, leveraged buyout)
- Form an independent opinion on the quality of cash flows and assets and the reliability of projections of a given company
- Demonstrate the capacity to work directly with clients and prospective clients
- Improve processes
- Serve as a mentor to new interns, helping to develop the team as we grow
We seek to hire individuals who are equipped with the right finance and entrepreneurial skills and are motivated for a career in investment banking and/or investment management. The requirements for successful candidates are:
- Ideally initial internship experience in any of the following: Investment and/or Corporate Banking, Private Equity, Strategic consulting, Transaction Services, Due Diligence, Audit, Accounting or other corporate advisory role.
- Initial exposure to valuation methodologies (Market Comparables, Discounted Cash Flow, Asset Valuation, etc.)
- (Ongoing) university degree preferably in corporate finance, accounting and/or a combination.
- Analytical, logical and business diagnostic skills
- Committed, proactive and entrepreneurial
- Ability to communicate effectively in presentations and express complex strategies in an organized and articulate manner
- Effective time management skills in order to meet deadlines
- Collaborative and team-oriented with sound judgment and strong interpersonal skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and structured. Able to deal with ambiguity
- Able to work long hours, against tight deadlines and under pressure
- Willingness to learn and develop
- MS Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Familiarity with financial/research databases
- Investment research and excel modeling
- Understanding of accounting and financial analysis, including IFRS. Understanding of Romanian Accounting Standards is preferable but not a necessity.
- Strong command of English and Romanian (writing and verbal).
- Internship experience of up to 6 months that you can use as a steppingstone for a full-fledged career in finance
- The internship is paid depending on background, skill set and performance during interview process
- Career prospects for evolving towards a full-time position (before or after graduation) as a Junior Analyst with Blu Capital Partners depending on individual and firm performance.
- Friendly and entrepreneurial working environment, encouraging a high level of responsibility starting day 1
- Work in small teams, which offers exposure on the entire deal cycle (as opposed to exposure on a few tasks in large firms)
- Diverse opportunities for personal and professional development by working hands-on on challenging and diverse projects, including high-profile transactions for strategic investors, private equity funds, and entrepreneurial firms
- Training on financial modeling, creation of investment presentations and other investment banking activities
- Depending on performance, opportunity for remote work and a flexible schedule early after starting
- Opportunity to work on private equity or private debt investments if and when Blu Capital Partners would get involved on such projects
- Working directly with the founders of Blu Capital Partners, offering a unique opportunity to learn about international practices in M&A and private equity investments
If selected to pursue, candidates will participate in a case study assessment including a pitching & modeling exercise.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
Accounting Analysis Analysis Skills Bank Financing Business Finance Corporate Advisory Corporate Transactions Excel