Position Summary: We are seeking an intern to work in our Seattle office for 3-12 months (work dates are flexible).
Experience: 1-3 Years
Functional Area: DevOps & IT
Location Detail: Seattle - United States
Travel Requirement: 0%
Salary Range: Competitive
Number of openings: 1
Toradex is a leader in embedded computing, serving innovative products to industrial, medical, automotive & IoT companies creating feature-rich & intelligent systems for demanding applications, e.g. supercars, self-driving tractors, patient monitoring systems – to name a few. We rely on exceptional engineering, modern infrastructure & advanced automation to consistently & rapidly deliver the latest & greatest hardware & software to our customers.
You will work in the R&D department, primarily with the Toradex Innovation team in our Seattle office. Your projects will include DevOps & IT related tasks such as automation for continuous integration & deployment services, infrastructure orchestration and IT administration for our innovation team and office workstations. The innovation team is working on embedded Linux software, containerized software stacks, web/cloud services and development tooling – all of which contribute to a rich ecosystem of software for our products.
You will have the opportunity to learn a variety of tech while collaborating with our engineers and helping drive our innovative software ecosystem forward. Some of the technologies we work with include Linux, Kubernetes, Rancher, Gitlab, Jenkins, Artifactory, Slack, Docker, KVM, Yocto Project and more. Are you ready to nerd out?
Participate in CI/CD automation, Kubernetes service administration & IT support tasks.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Facilitate state-of-the-art DevOps best practices (automation/orchestration, CI/CD, immutable infrastructure, Kubernetes administration, etc.)
• Administer local R&D and innovation team network, storage & compute resources
• Plan & implement IT infrastructure improvements at the Seattle office
• Provide 1st and 2nd Level IT Support: Ensure smooth functioning of user and branch office computer hardware and peripherals.
• Assist users during IT system updates and help diagnosing IT hardware/software faults
• Maintain up to date documentation on all branch IT infrastructure
Desired Candidate Profile
• Avid learner & problem solver. Excited to tackle new challenges
• Systems thinker who values quality, efficiency and continuous improvement
• Eager to take on diverse responsibilities, comfortable multitasking
• High-integrity, honest, open, communicative, team player, self-driven, self-motivated and thorough professional
• Excellent communication skills – fluent English language skills in reading / writing / speaking / presentations
Desired Skills & Experience
• Experience with scripting and programming
• Familiar with DevOps concepts
• Basic knowledge of CI/CD methods, tooling & services
• Some experience with Linux & Kubernetes administration
• Knowledge of IT concepts, including virtualization, networking, storage & system administration
• Basic Networking Knowledge: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and other SMB networking concepts
• Basic knowledge of computer & IT hardware
Electronic Circuit Design Embedded Engineers Embedded Linux
Accepting only candidates from: