Currently recruiting a FP&A and Commercial Finance Director on behalf of one of the leading media and entertainment companies in the world.
Based in Singapore, the FP&A and Commercial Finance Director is a key role that provides the business leaders with accurate and timely financial planning support, including preparation of quarterly forecasts, annual budget, long range plan and management reporting. Additionally, the role supports all commercial activities such as weekly ad sales reviews, pipeline assessments, affiliate revenue forecasts, and finance support for business development and commercial strategies.
Ideally candidates will have experience of working in the media industry with a track record in a similar commercial finance management position within the APAC region. To be successful in this role, you will have superior leadership, influencing and communications skills and enjoy working in a fast paced environment.
Reporting to the CFO, international based in London, you will be responsible for:
• Leading a team of finance manager and analysts, working closely with the CFO to deliver detailed and accurate financial estimates during the long range plan, budget, forecast and quarterly close processes
• Managing the quarter end process by collaborating with finance cost leaders and controllers in order to provide accurate forecasts
• Acting as a key business partner by making recommendations and proactively performing competitive and market analysis as needed for strategic planning and decision support
• Leading analytics and valuation analysis including financial modelling and key metrics (ROI, NPV, etc.), scenario planning, sensitivity analysis, and business case support for partnership structures, proposed investments, acquisitions or projects
• Providing Strategic analysis of business growth opportunities (organic and inorganic) in new markets
• Providing detailed pacing and variance analysis for Operating Cash Flow and Free Cash Flow (with a focus on CAPEX) with accurate and timely submission to Corporate
• Overseeing the preparation of standard monthly reports and key metrics tracking including TV & digital distribution, online page views, social media hits and headcount
• Effectively communicating and influencing key senior stakeholders including President, International, CFO Global and the broader International management team: Business & Legal Affairs, Ad Sales, Distribution, Business Development, among others
• Providing recommendations and be proactive to support the business on key decisions and provide alternative solutions
• Supporting the continued enhancement of the FP&A forecasting methodologies; Design and implement processes to leverage tool capabilities to improve planning and reporting. Drive global process consistency and ‘one team’ attitude
• Continuously improving and streamlining business forecasting methods and processes, leveraging systems and removing duplication.
• Acting as Named Director and Authorized signatory and it’s regional subsidiaries, plus local partners
• Working with the Commercial teams to provide tools to drive ad sales growth.
Qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) or BA major accounting and Finance
• Extensive accounting and financial planning experience, financial leadership program graduate
• Strong PC skills - SAP/BW experience preferred, strong Excel & PowerPoint
• Excellent verbal and written presentation skills
• Proactive and solution focused with high attention to detail
• Strong team player
• Demonstrated ability to act as a business partner
• Enthusiastic self-starter with an ambition to grow through the role
• Demonstrates commitment and flexibility as required by a high growth business
• TV, Media and relevant industry experience is preferable
• Exposure to international markets
• Previous experience in the news business would be preferable
ACA Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) SAP Accounting