• Technical Architect engagement is to create a technology solution that will deliver against the customer's objectives and meet customer requirements for increasing business through profitable and structured engagements in the required technology domains. Being a subject matter expert the Technical Architect will deliver or technically manage the delivery of the solution.
• Flexibility and agility must be a part of the personal skills as well as a proper understanding of correct process and adherence to quality principles.
• Typically involved from the outlining delivery of customer requirements, ensuring the correct personnel are aligned to projects based on their abilities and location. The Technical Architect will be responsible for conceptualizing and designing to a detailed level the overall solution, or developing further high level designs produced by Solution Architects.
Main Duties of the Job:
• Conceptualize and Design complex solutions
• Technical ownership of project delivery and engaging closely with the Project Manager to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
• Run technical workshops covering multiple technologies.
• Perform presales activity in support of the Business Development team, creating both High Level Designs and Low Level Delivery documentation
• Detailed design skills specific to the individuals technology specialization complemented by an architecture-level appreciation of all relevant complementary technologies.
• Demonstrating an ongoing, proactive approach, working alongside Professional Services Solution Architecture in developing and delivering service offerings based on industry best practice and new to market technologies.
• Development and delivery of technology specific presentations and project workshop environments.
• Maintain technology roadmaps in the particular field of specialization.
• Maintain a broad understanding of competitive products to the individuals specialization, an understanding of their architectural principles and where appropriate, design skills and accreditations in these products
• Maintain an in-depth knowledge of industry standards relevant to the role.
• To adhere to all company policies and processes as communicated by line management
• At all times to provide a courteous service and professional approach to customers and to the delivery of allocated tasks as required.
• To perform any other duties which, from time to time may be allocated by your Manager.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
• Education, preferably with a relevant degree and with good technical background.
• Experience in architecting and implementing Citrix and EUC Microsoft solutions within a complex environment.
• The candidate must have an in-depth knowledge of some if not all of the following core solutions:-
• Microsoft Hyper-V/VMware ESX
• Windows Server 2008/2012
• Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policies
• Microsoft Windows 7/8/10
• Microsoft SCCM& SCOM
• Microsoft RDS
• Citrix Suite (XenApp/XenDesktop)
• Microsoft Office 365 (Skype for business online / Intune/ Onedrive / MS Teams)
• Microsoft AZURE
• Microsoft APP-V Application Packaging
• Microsoft Intune/EMS
• Enterprise Vault
• Suitable Accreditations in supporting core technologies Citrix, Microsoft, and Application packaging.
• 10 years plus relevant experience in IT industry focused on delivering enterprise scale infrastructure solutions.
• Commercially aware with strong client facing and vendor relationship development skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, enabling the presentation of complex technical solutions.
• Experience in working with and defining delivery methodologies
• An understanding of Project management fundamentals
• Ability to Lead by example and influence others
• Team player but with the ability to work unaided
• Professional appearance and manners
• Positive and constructive attitude in all work related matters
• Strong hand-on technical capability
• Strong time management skills
Both MacCitrixClient Server TechnologiesEnd UsersHyper-VMDM ZincOffice 365SCOMSystem Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)