The Level 2 Support Engineer will be educated to a high calibre and of an experienced technical level, demonstrating an exceptionally high level of passion and enthusiasm for technology and attention to detail. The role will require support and troubleshooting of VDI solutions and supporting technologies.
• Ability to work under pressure both within a team and as an individual.
• Excels within a multi-tasking environment.
• Co-operative and flexible team player.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
• Excellent customer liaison skills, exhibiting tact and diplomacy.
• Excellent time management.
• Troubleshooting Incidents and Problems raised on the Service Desk at all levels.
• Ensuring customers and 3rd parties are kept up to date.
• Proactive ownership of Incidents and Problems
• Providing and documenting resolution fixes.
• Share knowledge and assist in development of Technical skillsets and processes.
• Previous experience in a Service Desk \ Technical Support environment, preferably with Managed Services experience.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills and methodology. A logical approach to fault finding and root cause analysis
• Use of troubleshooting tools such as Resource Monitor, Process Monitor, Citrix EdgeSight, Microsoft SCOM, Wireshark etc.
• Minimum CCA in XenDesktop 7 and/or XenApp 7.5
• A good knowledge of the following technologies is essential:
o Citrix XenApp 4.x/5.x/6.x
o Citrix XenDesktop 4.x/5.x
o Active Directory and Group Policy
• An understanding of the following is required:
o Microsoft profiles types
o Basic networking principles
o Basic SAN/iSCSI knowledge