The Business Analyst is responsible for translating business needs into requirements, identifying opportunities for process improvement, managing requirements and ensuring delivered solutions meets business expectations. The BA serves as the primary technology consultant for business application(s), understands business processes, business practices, elicits and documents business requirements, and ensures that Agiloft meets the requirements of end users and provides the intended business value.
The ideal candidate must have solid critical thinking and problem-solving skills, strong business acumen, and excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Elicit requirements on multiple projects utilizing interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, survey, business process descriptions, use cases, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
· Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details and able to properly prioritize user requests based on business needs.
· Suggest improvements to customer business processes to make them more effective and easier to automate.
· Use judgment in analyzing cost-benefits of various alternatives and selection of best combinations.
· Accurately translate customer requirements to the system in a clear, concise manner.
· Create and update requirements, procedures, processes and project deliverables.
· Adhere to standards defined by project management and effectively utilize methodology and tools.
· Participate in the development solutions to non-recurring problems by analyzing, interpreting and evaluating various precedents and data; develop alternative solutions while identifying risks and benefits.
· Present and explain software requirements to different groups of users including engineering teams and business stakeholders.
· Possess a B.S. In Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
· Strong understanding of how business requirements are gathered, analyzed and documented.
· Hands-on experience with relational databases and SQL and the ability to learn and understand complex systems.
· Excellent technical writing skills and ability to document software requirements in a crisp way.
· Outstanding presentation and interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate business/technical requirements and project schedules with a customer.
· Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to learn from customers, analyze past projects and advise top management on how the sales strategy can be improved and how reusable technical solutions can be developed.
· Ability to prioritize effectively and handle shifting priorities smoothly and professionally.
· Detail-oriented with exceptional time management and organizational skills.
· Superb interpersonal and communication skills, discretion, and excellent judgment.
· Experience with customer support.
Competent computer skills
Accepting only candidates from:
Canada, United States