Emerson Croft is seeking an Android Developer to build AI-enabled technologies at a stealth-mode startup.
At this company, you’ll get the best of both worlds: shape a pre-launch app using state-of-the-art tools, at an organization with expertise and confirmed product-market fit. The app is designed to replace unwieldy communication stacks among corporate teams, with a long-term goal of providing the same convenience to the healthcare space.
The team uses the latest tools — React, ES6/7, Gitlab, Docker, Ansible, and Meteor are just a few examples. You’ll also need to be comfortable with Agile development processes. Be prepared to take personal responsibility for projects, and guide them through fast development cycles and rapidly evolving requirements.
You will work remotely, decide your own hours, and find self-fulfillment through results-focused work. Team members spend only 2−3% of their week in meetings — you’ll spend most of your time researching, documenting, coding, and building. All that and no commute, either.
Ever wondered what you could accomplish with two more hours in your day? We’re excited to find out. Apply today.
1. Develop interactive web-based and desktop GUI applications
2. Support and develop the existing codebase
3. Develop and integrate server-side APIs
4. Write automated tests to ensure high-quality work
5. Manage versions of core libraries with associated documentation
6. Perform code reviews
1. Min 1y of experience as an Android developer, or proven exceptional qualities
2. Background with Kotlin/Java
3. Experience with Android framework
4. Understanding of XML Layouts and different layout types
5. Experience with backend development (Node, Python, PHP, Ruby)
6. Background with relational data storages (PostgreSQL, MySQL)
7. Understanding and knowledge of software architecture, design patterns, and OOP
8. Experience in Agile development/teamwork
9. Expertise in Git, Bash (or alternatives)
10. Experience with TDD mentality
11. Owns an Android phone
12. Passion for building great software
13. Capacity to handle high-pressure situations
14. Ability to understand complex systems
15. Proficiency in written and spoken English
Nice to have:
1. Knowledge of Material design best practices
2. Experience in developing a multi-platform app
3. Experience in developing/maintaining a live app
5. Experience with Websockets, WebRTC
6. Background in designing complex distributed systems
7. Knowledge of data storages (MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Druid)
8. Knowledge of in-memory cache/storage/queue systems (Redis, RabbitMQ, Kafka)
9. Expertise in designing complex algorithms
10. Expertise in Azure/AWS/Docker
11. Understanding of machine learning/deep learning basics
12. Understanding of micro services software architecture concepts
13. Understanding of performance optimization and basic software security
Agile Android Development Back-End Web Development Java Node.js Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) PHP Ruby SQL Database XML