- Home /
- Blog /
- Real estate agent interview questions and tips
Review a list of frequently asked interview questions for real estate agents, as well as a list of in-demand skills to highlight during your job interview.
Real estate agent interview questions
- On average, how many houses have you sold each year as a real estate agent?
- How do you use the Internet and social networks to sell houses?
- Do you have experience in the use of videos and virtual tours to market your home?
- What do you know about the intermediation of sales and leasing operations in various types of properties?
- Tell me about a time when you had trouble establishing a relationship with an owner, investor, tenant or broker. What would you have done differently?
- What is most difficult for you when accompanying potential clients to touring properties? Why?
- Do you have any experience designing marketing materials?
- What is, in your opinion, a way to avoid showing the same multiple properties to the customer for months and months?
- What qualities do you think should have an excellent real estate agent?
- Tell me about once you made a mistake with a contract, lease or other forms of documentation. What did you do and what could you have done differently?
- What real estate licenses do you have?
What to wear for a real estate interview
When preparing for an interview for a real estate position, deciding on proper clothing is as important as getting to know the types of properties sold by the agency.
What seems like the first thing the interviewer sees, and in the competitive real estate industry, needs to project a professional, conservative and professional image.
For your interview, that means professional interview attire. Men will need to wear an appropriate suit in a conservative color, white or pastel shirt, conservative tie, dark socks, and dress shoes.
Women can choose between a trouser or skirt suit, blouse (not low cut), hosiery and shoes with closed toe. The hair, the makeup, and the purse (if they are worn) should be neat and conservative, the jewels are minimal, the earrings are only in the ears. Men should leave the earrings.
Accessories for interviews
Carry a briefcase or purse with your resume, a pad, a pen, and some breath pills. Here you will find more information on how to choose interview accessories that complement your interview attire.
Pay attention to the details
Everything must be neat and clean from your hair to your shoes. Stay away from perfume and cologne, as many people are allergic or reluctant. Attention to the details of everything, including your attire, can make the difference to get the job.
List of real estate skills
Here is a list of real estate skills that employers look for in the candidates they hire. Skills will vary depending on the position you are applying for, so also check our list of skills listed by job and skill type. Mention these skills during your interviews, and incorporate them into your resume and cover letters.
- Analytical evaluations
- Asset Management
- Attention to detail
- Construction codes
- Condominium Regulations
- Relationships with customers
- Oriented to details
- Educating clients
- Environmental knowledge
- Associations of homeowners
- Internal profitability index
- Knowledge of the property that generates income
- Knowledge of the purchase process
- Lead tracking
- Lead generation
- Listen out
- Making personal connections
- Market analysis
- Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of municipal law
- Establishment of a network
- Oral communication
- Knowledge of the property
- Property management
- Property Taxes
- Real estate codes
- Real estate law
- Real-estate market
- Real estate taxes
- Rental properties
- Establishment of expectations
- Knowledge of the school district
- School taxes
- Family software
- Phone <Time management
General questions of the job interview
In addition to the specific job interview questions, you will also be asked more general questions about your employment history, education and strengths, weaknesses, achievements, goals, and plans.